Depending on your line of business, you might be required to take two Shell assessment tests, which are supplied by Cubiks, a well-known company.
These might include Shell’s:
The difficulty level of the assessments will depend on the business area and position you applied to, so be sure to carefully read all the information in the email from Shell asking you to complete the aptitude tests.
Shell cognitive test
This online aptitude test is made up of three sections: numerical reasoning, logical reasoning and verbal reasoning. You will have 4 minutes to complete each section. Once candidates have received a link to the test portal, they are only allotted 10 days to complete all of the assessments.
Tip: you should keep practicing aptitude tests beforehand since you never know when you will be invited to take the test. Without practicing, there is little chance of passing with a score beyond the required threshold. Competition is very fierce at this stage, and the vast majority of candidates do not make it to the next stage.
Shell Numerical reasoning test
- If it has been a while since you did Maths – do not worry! All you have to do is a quick recap of basic GCSE calculations, such as ratios, percentages and reading data off charts. What makes Shell’s
numerical reasoning test difficult is not the knowledge tested, but how you cope with the information presented under the time pressure.
- Tip: You need to learn to manage your stress and work quickly, but correctly through the questions – and the best way to achieve this is by practicing tests in a safe environment before your actual test.
- Learn more about numerical reasoning tests and specific tests for professionals and graduates.
- If you are looking for Shell-style numerical reasoning tests with answers, worked-solutions and professional score reports including personalised tips based on your performance – then Graduates First has it covered. Take a FREE test now.
Shell-style Numerical Reasoning Test Example
Check if you got the correct answer at the bottom of the page.
For more FREE QUESTIONS similar to Shell assessment tests, register with Graduates First and take your FREE numerical reasoning test now!
Shell verbal reasoning test
- The verbal reasoning test identifies a candidate’s ability to understand and then respond critically to the information in a passage of test, by indicating whether they perceive the provided statements to be true, false or whether they cannot say, given the information in the passage.
- Shell’s verbal reasoning test could be more difficult for people who are not native English speakers, but all is not lost! By practicing verbal reasoning test questions as much as you can, you can understand how the tests are built, and how the questions are asked.
- Learn more about verbal reasoning tests and specific tests for professionals and graduates.
- Remember, you will have no more than 45 seconds to answer questions like the following
Shell-style verbal reasoning test example
Got the answer? Check it out at the bottom of the page.
For more FREE QUESTIONS similar to Shell online aptitude tests, register with Graduates First and take your FREE verbal reasoning test now!
Shell logical reasoning test
- Shell’s logical reasoning test does not test any particular area, but rather presents candidates with 5 diagrams with changing shapes and spatial arrangements, and requires them to identify the right pattern and determine what would come next in the sequence.
- The main difficulty of this particular logical reasoning test is that there is no limit to how abstract these patterns and trends can be; in terms of the: size, arrangement, movements and colours of two- and three-dimensional shapes
- Sound complex? In fact, it is actually not that difficult. What you need to do is to have a look at sample questions to get comfortable with what these questions are after, and the only way to achieve this is by practicing specific Shell-style logical reasoning tests, such as the ones offered by Graduates First (see sample question below). Remember: you will never get the same questions as those in the practice tests, but you will gain experience in recognising test patterns and managing your stress and time pressure.
- Learn more about logical reasoning tests
Shell-style Logical/Diagrammatic Reasoning Test Example
In the example above, you will have ONLY around 45 seconds to notice that:
- the arrow moves around the diagram
- shapes change from triangle to circle to square and
- the long line is either horizontal or vertical
- and then to find the right answer! There is a lot of time pressure which often leaves candidates feeling anxious, which subsequently harms their performance.
Got the answer? Check it out at the bottom of the page.
For more FREE QUESTIONS similar to Shell aptitude tests, register with Graduates First and take your FREE logical diagrammatic reasoning test now!
You will also get free expert reports with worked solutions and personalised feedback.
Shell Working Style Assessment
- This aptitude test will assess whether you portray the characteristics sought after by Shell, and whether you will be able to fit into the company’s culture. There are no right and wrong answers, and you are advised to answer each question honestly to show your true self.
- Tip: Bear in mind the type of skills and responsibilities that match the position you have applied to, when taking the Shell Working Style Assessment. If your role requires teamwork and creativity, remember that you will be expected to demonstrate these competencies to show that you have what it takes to make a great candidate.
- In this test, you will be expected to make decisions as to which answers would produce the best and worst outcomes, based on their feasibility and efficiency. Some questions might also focus on teamwork values and leadership.
- If you are looking for Shell-style working style assessment tests with answers, worked-solutions and professional score reports including personalised tips based on your performance – then Graduates First has it covered. Our Situational Judgement Test is very similar to the one that you will experience when sitting an actual Shell test. Take our SJT test to make sure you get your dream job!
- Take a few seconds and try one of the Shell-style working style assessment test questions:
Shell STJ style