- Logical Reasoning tests, also known as Diagrammatic and Inductive Reasoning, require the test taker to identify underlying patterns and trends in sequences of 4 out of 5 images that are presented. The test taker is often required to identify the missing image from an option of 5 different ones that are provided.
- These tests are typically used for roles such as IS and IT where data analysis and logic is highly used. Investment banks use these tests for their analysts and traders too.
- You are likely to be given this test in conjunction with a Numerical reasoning test, but it is unlikely you will receive a verbal reasoning test with this.
You do not need to have a large variety of tests to improve – focussing on a handful of tests repeatedly will encourage deeper learning and understanding, which is better than spreading yourself thinly across say 15 Logical tests
- Practice will reduce your anxieties, help you prepare and give you a better chance to succeed on the day
- Our tests are developed by previous SHL CEB and IBM Kenexa Psychometricians. Take a FREE Logical Reasoning test now.
These tests are designed to assess your logical reasoning ability using the information provided in sequences of diagrams containing various shapes. The test taker is required to look at the diagrams and identify underlying rules and patterns in the sequence, in order to identify the correct diagram that should come next in the sequence from the options that are provided.
Investment banks and general banks make use of Logical reasoning tests in high volumes for recruitment purposes. These have been demonstrated to predict job performance and validity studies have provided support for these indicating that those who do well in these tests tend to perform better in the job.
The biggest global test supplier is SHL CEB who in 2011 merged with another test publisher PreVisor. SHL are the leaders in the design and development of Psychometric assessments worldwide and set the benchmark accordingly. Whilst other companies online offer SHL style tests for practice, the tests available online at Graduates First have been designed by the same experts who have developed tests for SHL previously. We are confident that you will not get another SHL style experience anywhere else other than at SHL itself.
Graduates First provide the most detailed feedback reports available online with a breakdown of your performance across various question types to help you identify which areas you may need to further develop. We provide fully worked solutions to all of our tests. Our reports also provide data backed indications of your performance, based upon your accuracy and speed strategy as well as recommendations on how to improve and perform your best on the day. You can store and access your reports online any time and track your performance as you improve.
Take a free test now and get free expert reports with worked solutions and personalised feedback. Click on the tab at the top-left of this page.